How well do you know your home? Did you know that, just like the human body, houses have “skeletons?” These are called house frames. They are likened to human skeletons because they provide support and keep everything together while remaining hidden underneath the other parts of the formation, like walls, ceilings, and roofs. This makes the frame an integral part of any structure. Wood frames are common in homes, but metal frames are gaining more popularity because of their numerous benefits. Read on to know more about light metal frames from Union Galvasteel Corporation construction professionals.
Why Choose Metal Frames
Woodhouse frames are both good, but metal frames are better due to the benefits of their composition. Just think of metal frames as Wolverine’s adamantium skeleton while wood frames are normal skeletons. But fiction aside, here are some benefits of metal frames over wooden frames.
- Metal frames are more durable. They are termite-resistant and fire-resistant. Also, they can keep their shape for a long time, unlike wood that may warp due to changing temperatures.
- Metal frames are easier to work with. There are light metal frames that, aside from being lighter than their wood counterpart, are also easier to move and install. This makes construction faster.
- Metal frames are more cost-effective. Considering the first two benefits, metal frames are more cost-effective than wood because they last longer and require less workforce and time to install.
If your home still has wood as frames, then it may be time to consider metal frames on your next one. Check out these steps and best practices when installing metal frames.
How to Install Metal Frames in Construction
Installing metal frames is done in two stages—the preparation stage and the actual installation stage. The first stage is as important as the second stage, as it will determine the resources you need. Metal house frames can be found on both walls and ceilings. Usually, installing metal frames is done by professionals. However, this guide could also be a guide for homeowners who are planning to build or renovate their spaces. For this guide, we will focus on installing metal frames for drywalls.
Preparing for the Metal Frame Installation
- Prepare all tools needed. Check if your construction provider has a hammer drill or screw gun and aviation snips cutter. They might also need a chalk box, level or plumb bob, and clamps.
- Take measurements. This will allow you and your construction team to identify the number of frames you need. It is recommended to have one stud, or the vertical metal frame, for every 12 inches of wall space. This will also be the basis of the length of tracks you need. Tracks are steel plates placed at the bottom and top parts of the wall. Because they go above and below the studs, their length should be twice the length of the wall.
- Mark your spots. Using chalk, draw lines on the floor where the tracks will be placed. You and your construction provider are now prepared to install metal frames.
Installing the Metal Frames
- Use a hammer drill or screw gun to screw the lower and upper tracks. Start by screwing the lower track first. Then, use a plumb bob or laser level to ensure that the top track is aligned with the bottom track. Once you are sure of the alignment, you can screw the upper track.
- Trim the studs. Using an aviation snips cutter, cut the studs to the right length to ensure proper fitting in between the tracks.
- Fasten the studs. Place one stud in between the tracks. Then, use a clamp to keep the stud in place while you screw the stud into position.
Now that your metal frames are in place, you are now ready to install your drywall. If you are installing frames for the ceiling, the process will slightly differ. Aside from doing it from another angle, you may need other types of metal frames. You may always consult your construction provider to help you with this.
Light Metal Frames Manufacturer in the Philippines
These tips seek to provide homeowners like you have a better grasp of the light metal frames for the drywall installation process. However, it is always best to have a professional do it for you. Aside from the best practices, they also know the best light steel frames in the Philippines.
Union Galvasteel Corporation, a trusted construction materials supplier in the Philippines, is known for the superior strength and design flexibility of its products. UGC’s light metal frames are widely used for ceiling framing structures and drywall partition structures because they maintain their shape and keep roofs and walls in their places. Because of all these benefits, lots of private residences, offices, restaurants, malls, hotels, and condominiums use light metal frames from UGC.
UGC has various light metal frames for your needs. Aside from studs and tracks, we also have single furring, double furring, and carrying channel. You may call us to find out the best frames to use for your project. You may also contact us if you have questions about light steel frame prices in the Philippines.
UGC is one of the most reliable steel framing manufacturers in the country. We are also a market leader in the manufacturing and distribution of pre-painted and other galvanized roofing and galvanized steel building products in the Philippines. We have the largest and most diversified distribution network in the industry, with warehouses and sales offices in strategic locations throughout the country. Get in touch with us via our website or call these numbers for assistance: (02) 8520-8822-23; 8520-8831; (049) 545-0084 to 86 or 09175033965 (Globe) and 09190032303 (Smart).