Otober 8, 1990 was the birth of UGC-Calamba plant, and last October 8, 2017 marked the 27th Anniversary celebration together with the new President-CEO, Mr. Eduardo Sahagun. The program started after the traditional flag raising ceremony followed by anniversary messages were delivered by Mr. Pines Roranes and Mr. Ed Sahagun.
The success of UGC Calamba for 27 years, along with the success of the mother plant in La Union for 54 years were indeed remarkable, surpassing the years of financial crisis back in 1997-2012. Great recognition was attributed to the former President-CEO, Mr. Arthur M. Florendo, for his unwavering leadership and commendable execution of management strategies.
UGC’s new leader, Mr. Ed Sahagun relayed his message of dreaming big and working on it, especially to achieve the Php 10B revenue within the next five years. This means that a new milestone lies in our hands, and it will start as soon as we untie the elephant ropes we have on our feet. So let’s go out of our comfort zones, explore all the possibilities in our work areas. Continue to give the passion and dedication typical to any UGC employee. Aim high and target big goals, embracing every challenge that may come along, because behind are success stories corresponding to our determination.
Professional anniversaries of UGC employees were also celebrated along with Calamba plant’s 27th Anniversary. Loyalty awards and simple tokens were given to admirably committed people who have rendered their services for 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and 20 years. The awarding was headed by all UGC executives.
Year 2017 is also a fusion year for UGC Base 1 and Base 2, as brought about by the local governments’ move to relocate the regional Justice facilities. Hence, UGC offices and production lines were compounded to Base 2 along the Bacnotan drive Chipeco Avenue. And with that the newly built production lines of Polyurethane (PUL), RFD (Rollforming and Distribution), and the new Administration Building were blessed on the same day. The blessing was officiated by Rev. Father Leandro Bariring Jr. of San Vicente Ferrer Parish, Real, Calamba City. A small reception was held after the blessing rites.
Happy 27th anniversary to UGC-Calamba. Thank you for all the people who helped us along the way. We bring back the glory to the Almighty.
 A message shared by Jose Alexander S. Asuncion, CCL Production Engineer as part of the October’s theme; Stepping stone
Picture 1 - Rev. Fr. Leandro Bariring officiating the mass for the blessing rites
Picture 2 - UGC Executives with the Five years Awardees
Five Years Loyalty Awardees (left to right):
- Edna D. Pascual (Project and Services Group)
- Recheil M. Castillo (Continuous Color Coating Line)
- Yvonne B. Pidlaoan (Continuous Color Coating Line)
- Cherry L. Estrella (Human Resources and Administration)
- Joe Frey C. Juganas (Customer and Technical Services)
- Raymond C. Burda (Project and Services Group)
- Alain Lambert C. Lamboloto (Sales)
- Janelito S. Serna (Sales)
- Ronie T. Gueriba (Rollforming and Distribution)
Picture 3 - UGC Executives with the 10-years Awardees
Ten Years Loyalty Awardees (left to right):
- Daniel I. Tizon III (Polyurethane Line)
- Erwin L. Paglinawan (Project and Services Group)
- Jilson S. Go (Continuous Color Coating Line)
- Jose O. Tabanera Jr. (Sales)
- Agripino M. Roranes (10 years in UGC Calamba)
- Michelle B. Arizala (Finance)
- Rosanilda V. Umali (Human Resources and Administration)
- Jasmin S. Cabrera (Rollforming and Distribution)
- Valerie Z. Capole (Administration)
Picture 4 - UGC Executives with the 15-years Awardees
Fifteen Years Loyalty Awardees (left to right):
- Angelita A. Gatong (Administration - Production)
- Jose Alexander S. Asuncion (Continuous Color Coating Line)
- Mark Dennis J. Liong (Management Information System)
- Blenda E. Abang (Rollforming and Distribution - Logistics)
Picture 5 - UGC Executives with the 20-years Awardees
Twenty Years Loyalty Awardees (left to right):
- Heriberto B. Lacsinto (Continuous Color Coating Line)
- Pio A. Mallillin (Sales)
- Sulficio B. Taroy (Rollforming and Distribution)
- Cornelio C. Cariño (Rollforming and Distribution - Logistics)